Making a delicious scotch fillet steak is not as difficult as you may think. With a few simple steps and some patience, you can create a mouthwatering steak that will satisfy even the most discerning palate. Do you how to cook scotch fillet steak
Don’t worry, we will show you how to cook a perfect scotch fillet steak that will be the star of your next dinner party. We will cover everything from selecting the right steak, preparing it for cooking, and finally, how to cook the steak to perfection. So, let’s begin our journey to creating the perfect scotch fillet steak!
Scotch Fillet Steak Recipe
Scotch Fillet Steak is a delicious and tender cut of beef that is perfect for grilling or pan-frying. Cut from the rib section, this steak has a beautiful marbling of fat throughout which helps to keep the meat juicy and flavourful during cooking.
The steak is full of flavour and just needs a simple seasoning of salt and pepper before cooking. When cooked to medium-rare, it has a succulent texture that melts in your mouth. Scotch Fillet steak is an excellent choice for any special occasion or for a delicious midweek meal.
To cook a scotch fillet steak, you will typically need the following ingredients:
- Beef (a scotch fillet steak cut, specifically ribeye or striploin)
- Salt and pepper (or other seasonings, as desired)
- Oil (for pan-frying or grilling)
- Optional: butter or herbs (for added flavor)
You will also need some kitchen tools such as a pan or grill, tongs, and a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steak.
Cooking a scotch fillet steak doesn’t have to be complicated.
- First, make sure the steak is at room temperature before starting.
- Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat and add a bit of oil to the pan.
- Once the oil is hot but not smoking, add the steak to the pan.
- Cook the steak for four minutes on each side for medium-rare or six minutes on each side for medium.
When the steak is done, remove it from the pan and let it rest for five minutes before serving. Enjoy!
How To Cook Scotch Fillet Steak?
1. Selecting the right cut of steak
Selecting the right cut of steak is the most important factor for a perfect scotch fillet. Look for a steak that is tender and has good marbling, this will ensure a juicy steak when cooked. The steak should be cut between 2-3 cm thick and be sure to check the expiry date of the steak.
2. Preparing the steak
Preparing the steak is an essential step to ensure juicy and tender steak. Start by trimming off any excess fat and lightly seasoning the steak with salt and pepper. Once the steak is prepared, heat a skillet or grill on high for about 3-4 minutes. Place the steak in the skillet or the grill and cook for 2 minutes each side for medium-rare or 4 minutes each side for medium. Flip the steak over and cook the other side for the same amount of time. Once cooked, let the steak rest for 3-4 minutes before serving.
3. Cooking the steak
To cook the steak, heat a heavy based non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and once the oil is hot, add the steak. Sear each side for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 3 minutes on each side. Remove the steak from the pan and let it rest for 3 minutes before serving. Enjoy your perfectly cooked scotch fillet steak!
4. Resting the steak
After cooking the steak, it is important to let it rest for at least 5 minutes before serving. This allows the steak to remain tender and juicy and for the remaining heat to evenly distribute throughout the meat. Resting the steak also prevents the juices from running out when you cut into it. This can be achieved by loosely covering the steak with a piece of foil and leaving it on a warm plate.
5. Serving the steak
Once the steak is cooked to perfection, it’s important to let it rest for at least five minutes before serving. This helps the steak retain its juices and makes it even more succulent. To serve, remove the steak from the heat and place it on a plate. Let it rest for 3-5 minutes and then garnish with your favorite topping. Enjoy the steak with a side of your choice and enjoy the deliciousness of a perfect scotch fillet steak!
People Also Ask
1. What temperature should I cook my scotch fillet steak?
It is recommended to cook scotch fillet steak at medium-high temperature, around 160-180°C.
2. What is the best way to season my steak?
The best way to season a scotch fillet steak is to lightly brush the steak with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Alternatively, you can rub the steak with your favorite seasonings, such as garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, oregano, thyme, paprika, and cumin.
3. How long should I cook my steak for?
The length of time required to cook your steak depends on the thickness of the steak and your preference for how you like it cooked. For a medium-rare steak, cook for 4 minutes on each side. For medium, cook for 5 minutes on each side. For well-done, cook for 6 minutes on each side.
4. Should I use oil when frying my steak?
Yes, you should use oil when frying your steak. A good way is to heat the oil over a medium heat and then add the steak to the pan.
5. What is the best way to rest my steak?
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. 2. Rub steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. 3. Heat a heavy based pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. 4. Place steak in the pan and cook for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until desired doneness is reached. 5. The best way to rest a steak is to remove it from the pan, cover it loosely with foil and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes. This will ensure that the steak remains juicy and tender.